by chicoredneck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 am, Post

A 10-pound Rock River Arms (RRA) Varmint A4 .223 Remington tested a few years ago …

Bartlein barrels are world renowned for accuracy and used extensively in F-Class Shooting world. I've found the best feeding magazines in my .204 are the straight 20rd stainless steel mags from C Products with their anti-tilt follower and CS springs.

This is not surprising, considering that the first cartridge in the family, the .222 Remington, was a top benchrest shooting cartridge for many years after its introduction.

(function(){for(var g="function"==typeof Object.defineProperties?Object.defineProperty:function(b,c,a){if(a.get||a.set)throw new TypeError("ES3 does not support getters and setters. But it’s time for a reality check: The .204 Ruger isn’t truly a laser, of course. By the way, according to a University of Kansas news story in 2014 by Brendan M. Lynch, Kansas — geographically speaking — is only the seventh flattest state in America, with Florida (yes, Florida) ranking No. Sticking within the same Hornady family of commercially available cartridges, the best the .22-250 Remington can do at 500 yards 29.1 inches of drop.

Hornady V-Max .204 $20.99 brownells.com CZ 527 Varmint .204 $673.46guns.com.

[9] What about the ultra-ballistically slick 6mm Creedmoor and the 87-grain bullet Hornady loads for it? Good. To make the 204 Ruger, the 222 Remington Magnum case was necked down to .204 inches (5 mm) and shoulder moved forward and angle increased to 30 degrees.

Maybe I'll go with RRA instead.

I took things one step farther and added a Wilson Combat WC-15 in .204 Ruger as well because, quite frankly, who doesn’t want us to hunt coyotes with a semi-automatic .204 Ruger? Jay Pinsky is a contributor to Gun Digest. All are delivered at velocities a step below maximum. Hornady and Ruger based their 5mm hotrod on the .222 Remington Magnum case by simply necking it down to .204 inches, moving the shoulder forward and increasing its angle to 30 degrees.

This barrel will stabilize all 204 bullets up to and including most 40 grain. Now, it hits a bit harder with 445 ft-lbs. by mzimmers » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm, Post The .204 Ruger’s reputation is quite relevant in the gun manufacturer’s community as well.

When I needed a rifle and cartridge for some Virginia coyote hunting CZ-USA’s Zach Hein suggested I shoot a .204 Ruger based on its accuracy, range, ammunition availability and proven track record as a coyote killer nationwide. The scope includes side-parallax adjustment and .25-MOA (100 yards) exposed turrets including PASSONtrac technology and 70 inches of vertical travel.

");b!=Array.prototype&&b!=Object.prototype&&(b[c]=a.value)},h="undefined"!=typeof window&&window===this?this:"undefined"!=typeof global&&null!=global?global:this,k=["String","prototype","repeat"],l=0;lb||1342177279>>=1)c+=c;return a};q!=p&&null!=q&&g(h,n,{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:q});var t=this;function u(b,c){var a=b.split(".

Most kick harder, cost more to shoot, and take your point-of-aim off your target from recoil more than the .204 Ruger. Caribou Media Group earns a commission from qualifying purchases. The .204 Ruger was intended primarily for varmint rifles, which require bullets with flat trajectories but not much mass or kinetic energy. Ruger's claim to being the velocity king with the .204 was based on two points. The Mercury Vapor IIA 204 Ruger Varmint Upper. ("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var d=0;a=c[d];++d){var e=a.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");e&&(! x 24" 416 stainless steel Premium air gauged 416 & fluted. Ruger's initial offerings included the bolt action Model 77 MKII, and the single shot Ruger No. He focused on the fact that it’s got plenty of range to it, is quite accurate, and when it hits the critters it doesn’t ruin the fur as badly as other bigger cartridges. Lots of rifle manufacturers make both inexpensive and fancy rifles for hunters, and there’s no shortage of coyotes willing to test a .204 Ruger’s capability. As a few have already told us, what weapons platform you put a .204 Ruger in doesn’t matter much outside of style points.

Complete upper ready to drop on your lower assembly. We double check head-space after assembly.

Excited about the .204 Ruger? Don’t think so? The rifle was fitted with a German Precision Optics (GPO) Passion 4X 6-24x 50mm scope set in 30mm Precision Hardcore Gear Black Opps tactical rings with an integrated level. The 50-grain BlitzKing (.248 BC at 3,800 fps) drops 37.4 inches with 29.4 inches of drift. [6] To achieve these velocities, the factory uses a proprietary powder composition known internally as SMP746, specially formulated by Primex, and not currently (2013) available to handloaders. Twin cross-slot clamping bolts and guide rails assure solid and precise Picatinny anchoring. Such velocities can lead to premature barrel wear, so when a barrel becomes hot to the touch, set that rifle aside temporarily. The.204 Ruger is the highest velocity AR-Rifle cartridge and a devastating varmint and small game round. I'm glad you answered; I was in fact thinking of the Pmags. They’re milled from 7075 T-6 aluminum and are type-3 black hard coat anodized. The .204 Ruger was the second Ruger-named cartridge produced by a partnership between Ruger and Hornady, the first being the big bore .480 Ruger revolver cartridge introduced in 2003 for the Super Redhawk. This barrel will stabilize all 204 bullet weights. Think again. Second, the ammunition used to achieve the 4225 ft/s was available only from Hornady using a special powder not available to the general public.[7]. That says a lot about the cartridge’s capabilities.

Button Rifles and Hand lapped to perfection. Both guns shot ½ MOA accuracy with factory loads. Any standard model mag. There has been an error with your Email Subscription.
We now upgraded this upper to our own Billet receiver with forward assist and port cover.

Precision Firearms Billet Upper: 7075 Billet aluminum, flattop rail, accepts Picatinny-style rings and your tactical accessories. Lilja has been making match barrels for a long time and have put their expertise in this barrel.

of energy compared to the wooden spoon-like 404 ft-lbs.

Easily shoots under .5 MOA! by BabaOriley » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm, Post

Of course not, but what about when your coyote brings his friends? by chicoredneck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 am, Post

Here are real 500-yard/10-mph crosswind numbers derived from a trusted ballistics calculator while using like-label Sierra varmint bullets (all other factors remaining equal). The advantage of the .204 Ruger is that it achieves these velocities with less powder, less recoil, and less heat than the larger cartridges.

However, compared to the 40-grain .204 Ruger, it’s a rainbow warrior with a massive 7.4-inch negative difference in bullet drop at 500 yards. .222 Remington Magnum case gives handloaders plenty of capacity in which to work. Of course, it’s among a select few varmint cartridges that can be stoked to touch or best 4,000-plus fps.

Both guns worked and shot remarkably well.

Get the 74th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. Post by BabaOriley » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:22 pm I've found the best feeding magazines in my .204 are the straight 20rd stainless steel mags from C Products with their anti-tilt follower and CS springs. Thanks for the reply. 1, followed by Illinois, North Dakota, Louisiana, Minnesota, Delaware … and then the Jayhawk state. A 10-pound Rock River Arms (RRA) Varmint A4 .223 Remington tested a few years ago shot sub-half-inch groups with select handloads. It absolutely is.

So, the idea that the .22-250 Remington handles the wind better than the .204 Ruger is, well, just hot air.
ASI 4 Rail Super Match AR 15 ½ MOA Guaranteed. We custom order these barrels and chamber them in-house.

I’ve long been curious about this rifle as a serious varmint rig. I neglected to mention that this will be for a pure bench gun.

by BabaOriley » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:22 pm, Post In today’s ultra-modern scope-it, dope-it and rope-it long-range shooting world, why would anyone care how flat a cartridge shoots anymore? So, the only irrelevant thing about the .204 Ruger is questioning its place in your predator gun arsenal in the first place. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov. Absolutely.

[5] The Hornady factory load is listed at 4,225 ft/s (1288 m/s) with a 32-grain (2.1 g) bullet.
Haikyuu Coach Ukai Death, No Manners Meaning, Principles Of Mission Command Operation Anaconda, Gta V Hatchbacks, Caniba Full Movie, Lamashtu Dnd 5e, Ed, Edd N Eddy Reboot, Is Lilo Autistic, Simon Says Lyrics Yung C, Who Shot Johnny Meaning, Tom Clarke Net Worth, Mcm Skyrim Se, Position Paper Social 20 1 Example, Most Powerful Handheld Laser 2020, Coyote Vs Dcs Grills, La Femme De Bertrand Traoré, Land Surveyor Cost, Famous Inuit People, Fernanda Wetherill Niven, Charlie Brooks Barmouth, Anna Pavlova Height, Fast And Fierce: Death Race Cast, Duplex à Vendre Mariette Ndg Montréal, Freddie Gibbs Son, " />

by chicoredneck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 am, Post

A 10-pound Rock River Arms (RRA) Varmint A4 .223 Remington tested a few years ago …

Bartlein barrels are world renowned for accuracy and used extensively in F-Class Shooting world. I've found the best feeding magazines in my .204 are the straight 20rd stainless steel mags from C Products with their anti-tilt follower and CS springs.

This is not surprising, considering that the first cartridge in the family, the .222 Remington, was a top benchrest shooting cartridge for many years after its introduction.

(function(){for(var g="function"==typeof Object.defineProperties?Object.defineProperty:function(b,c,a){if(a.get||a.set)throw new TypeError("ES3 does not support getters and setters. But it’s time for a reality check: The .204 Ruger isn’t truly a laser, of course. By the way, according to a University of Kansas news story in 2014 by Brendan M. Lynch, Kansas — geographically speaking — is only the seventh flattest state in America, with Florida (yes, Florida) ranking No. Sticking within the same Hornady family of commercially available cartridges, the best the .22-250 Remington can do at 500 yards 29.1 inches of drop.

Hornady V-Max .204 $20.99 brownells.com CZ 527 Varmint .204 $673.46guns.com.

[9] What about the ultra-ballistically slick 6mm Creedmoor and the 87-grain bullet Hornady loads for it? Good. To make the 204 Ruger, the 222 Remington Magnum case was necked down to .204 inches (5 mm) and shoulder moved forward and angle increased to 30 degrees.

Maybe I'll go with RRA instead.

I took things one step farther and added a Wilson Combat WC-15 in .204 Ruger as well because, quite frankly, who doesn’t want us to hunt coyotes with a semi-automatic .204 Ruger? Jay Pinsky is a contributor to Gun Digest. All are delivered at velocities a step below maximum. Hornady and Ruger based their 5mm hotrod on the .222 Remington Magnum case by simply necking it down to .204 inches, moving the shoulder forward and increasing its angle to 30 degrees.

This barrel will stabilize all 204 bullets up to and including most 40 grain. Now, it hits a bit harder with 445 ft-lbs. by mzimmers » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm, Post The .204 Ruger’s reputation is quite relevant in the gun manufacturer’s community as well.

When I needed a rifle and cartridge for some Virginia coyote hunting CZ-USA’s Zach Hein suggested I shoot a .204 Ruger based on its accuracy, range, ammunition availability and proven track record as a coyote killer nationwide. The scope includes side-parallax adjustment and .25-MOA (100 yards) exposed turrets including PASSONtrac technology and 70 inches of vertical travel.

");b!=Array.prototype&&b!=Object.prototype&&(b[c]=a.value)},h="undefined"!=typeof window&&window===this?this:"undefined"!=typeof global&&null!=global?global:this,k=["String","prototype","repeat"],l=0;lb||1342177279>>=1)c+=c;return a};q!=p&&null!=q&&g(h,n,{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:q});var t=this;function u(b,c){var a=b.split(".

Most kick harder, cost more to shoot, and take your point-of-aim off your target from recoil more than the .204 Ruger. Caribou Media Group earns a commission from qualifying purchases. The .204 Ruger was intended primarily for varmint rifles, which require bullets with flat trajectories but not much mass or kinetic energy. Ruger's claim to being the velocity king with the .204 was based on two points. The Mercury Vapor IIA 204 Ruger Varmint Upper. ("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var d=0;a=c[d];++d){var e=a.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");e&&(! x 24" 416 stainless steel Premium air gauged 416 & fluted. Ruger's initial offerings included the bolt action Model 77 MKII, and the single shot Ruger No. He focused on the fact that it’s got plenty of range to it, is quite accurate, and when it hits the critters it doesn’t ruin the fur as badly as other bigger cartridges. Lots of rifle manufacturers make both inexpensive and fancy rifles for hunters, and there’s no shortage of coyotes willing to test a .204 Ruger’s capability. As a few have already told us, what weapons platform you put a .204 Ruger in doesn’t matter much outside of style points.

Complete upper ready to drop on your lower assembly. We double check head-space after assembly.

Excited about the .204 Ruger? Don’t think so? The rifle was fitted with a German Precision Optics (GPO) Passion 4X 6-24x 50mm scope set in 30mm Precision Hardcore Gear Black Opps tactical rings with an integrated level. The 50-grain BlitzKing (.248 BC at 3,800 fps) drops 37.4 inches with 29.4 inches of drift. [6] To achieve these velocities, the factory uses a proprietary powder composition known internally as SMP746, specially formulated by Primex, and not currently (2013) available to handloaders. Twin cross-slot clamping bolts and guide rails assure solid and precise Picatinny anchoring. Such velocities can lead to premature barrel wear, so when a barrel becomes hot to the touch, set that rifle aside temporarily. The.204 Ruger is the highest velocity AR-Rifle cartridge and a devastating varmint and small game round. I'm glad you answered; I was in fact thinking of the Pmags. They’re milled from 7075 T-6 aluminum and are type-3 black hard coat anodized. The .204 Ruger was the second Ruger-named cartridge produced by a partnership between Ruger and Hornady, the first being the big bore .480 Ruger revolver cartridge introduced in 2003 for the Super Redhawk. This barrel will stabilize all 204 bullet weights. Think again. Second, the ammunition used to achieve the 4225 ft/s was available only from Hornady using a special powder not available to the general public.[7]. That says a lot about the cartridge’s capabilities.

Button Rifles and Hand lapped to perfection. Both guns shot ½ MOA accuracy with factory loads. Any standard model mag. There has been an error with your Email Subscription.
We now upgraded this upper to our own Billet receiver with forward assist and port cover.

Precision Firearms Billet Upper: 7075 Billet aluminum, flattop rail, accepts Picatinny-style rings and your tactical accessories. Lilja has been making match barrels for a long time and have put their expertise in this barrel.

of energy compared to the wooden spoon-like 404 ft-lbs.

Easily shoots under .5 MOA! by BabaOriley » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm, Post

Of course not, but what about when your coyote brings his friends? by chicoredneck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 am, Post

Here are real 500-yard/10-mph crosswind numbers derived from a trusted ballistics calculator while using like-label Sierra varmint bullets (all other factors remaining equal). The advantage of the .204 Ruger is that it achieves these velocities with less powder, less recoil, and less heat than the larger cartridges.

However, compared to the 40-grain .204 Ruger, it’s a rainbow warrior with a massive 7.4-inch negative difference in bullet drop at 500 yards. .222 Remington Magnum case gives handloaders plenty of capacity in which to work. Of course, it’s among a select few varmint cartridges that can be stoked to touch or best 4,000-plus fps.

Both guns worked and shot remarkably well.

Get the 74th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. Post by BabaOriley » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:22 pm I've found the best feeding magazines in my .204 are the straight 20rd stainless steel mags from C Products with their anti-tilt follower and CS springs. Thanks for the reply. 1, followed by Illinois, North Dakota, Louisiana, Minnesota, Delaware … and then the Jayhawk state. A 10-pound Rock River Arms (RRA) Varmint A4 .223 Remington tested a few years ago shot sub-half-inch groups with select handloads. It absolutely is.

So, the idea that the .22-250 Remington handles the wind better than the .204 Ruger is, well, just hot air.
ASI 4 Rail Super Match AR 15 ½ MOA Guaranteed. We custom order these barrels and chamber them in-house.

I’ve long been curious about this rifle as a serious varmint rig. I neglected to mention that this will be for a pure bench gun.

by BabaOriley » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:22 pm, Post In today’s ultra-modern scope-it, dope-it and rope-it long-range shooting world, why would anyone care how flat a cartridge shoots anymore? So, the only irrelevant thing about the .204 Ruger is questioning its place in your predator gun arsenal in the first place. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov. Absolutely.

[5] The Hornady factory load is listed at 4,225 ft/s (1288 m/s) with a 32-grain (2.1 g) bullet.
Haikyuu Coach Ukai Death, No Manners Meaning, Principles Of Mission Command Operation Anaconda, Gta V Hatchbacks, Caniba Full Movie, Lamashtu Dnd 5e, Ed, Edd N Eddy Reboot, Is Lilo Autistic, Simon Says Lyrics Yung C, Who Shot Johnny Meaning, Tom Clarke Net Worth, Mcm Skyrim Se, Position Paper Social 20 1 Example, Most Powerful Handheld Laser 2020, Coyote Vs Dcs Grills, La Femme De Bertrand Traoré, Land Surveyor Cost, Famous Inuit People, Fernanda Wetherill Niven, Charlie Brooks Barmouth, Anna Pavlova Height, Fast And Fierce: Death Race Cast, Duplex à Vendre Mariette Ndg Montréal, Freddie Gibbs Son, ">